Translating Johannesburg & the best of South Africa!
We can not wait to help you make the most of your time here
& meet some of Jozi's coolest people ;)
Put the kettle on, and your feet up and allow us to introduce you to a new way of living life abroad.
Translating Joburg Members Club is the first Expat Loyalty Programme that ensures you gain access to the very experiences here in South Africa.
What will you do with your time here in South Africa ??
YOU CAN DO ALL OF THIS
BUT YOU NEED TO BE FOCUSED TO MAKE THE MOST OF EVERY DAY
Our members club has a proven structure to give you the inspiration you need to wake up excited about all the opportunities available in Johannesburg.
Without strong personal and professional aspirations, you run the risk of drifting through your time in Joburg, getting lost in daily chores and DSTV. Before you know it you are back home with a huge bucket list and maybe a few regrets of the things you could have seen, or person you could have been.
Whether you are a Joburg Local or New in Town the Members Club gives you all the strategies and information you need to make an impact with your time and to leave with a bucket full of experiences to draw upon. You will have listened to the 101 different opinions, approaches and stories that lie here in the African soil.
The members club will give you information on all the best places to travel, things to do that weekend, knowledge on schools, help, music festivals and christmas holidays!
In Addition You Will:
• Explore Joburg from multiple perspectives always feeling safe and secure.
• Become part of the friendliest community of expats & locals who are always out exploring and doing cool things.
• Priority Access and discounted rates to our Monthly Cultural Events and MeetUps.
• Get introduced too a range of career opportunities and portable businesses ideas to investigate.
• Learn new African skills - for example - how to cook Cape Malay Curry, create beaded work, brush up on your photographic skills.
• Listen and learn from South Africa's biggest influencers from historians, interior designers, artists, bloggers and executive coaches.
• Try new foods, creative practices, sports & music.
• Learn tips of the trade on all things expat - from making friends, staying in touch with parents or grandparents, traveling (with or without children), the impact of raising children in a different culture.
• Gain access to our exclusive Translating Joburg Facebook Group.
It is our hope that you will uncover the true beauty and warmth that South Africa and its people have to offer, and to use your time here, to LEAVE JOBURG IN A BETTER PLACE THAN YOU FOUND IT.
Supporting you to make an impact with your time here in Joburg your loyalty card includes:
- Weekly Brief - Stay up to date with everything that is on offer, receive a weekly email with information on events / new openings / reviews / articles all focused on how to make the most of your time in your city.
- Cultural Activity - Each month we head out into Joburg, whether its to be driven to the best spots to capture the Jacaranda's or Joburg skyline, or to head to a soccer game and entertained in a shebeen. We put on an outing each month to discover a part of Jozi's city, culture, or events.
- Local Discounts - each month we have a partner to give you an exclusive offer, from holidays, to gym membership, restaurants, theatre shows and more.
- Time 4 Tea & Cake - Each Monday morning join us for a Facebook live discussion, sharing insights and tips on setting up a business abroad, parenting oversea's, moving, new restaurants to try, productivity tips, work placements, whatever the topic for that week, its an opportunity to chat and share your experiences with likeminded people.
- Regular Talks / Webinars - Opportunity for you to impress your friends with all your local knowledge! Come and learn more about your current home culture / country. Each month we invite an expert from local industry to present to us their passion, whether its fashion / food / history / architecture, log on from home ask your questions, and get ready to be inspired. See the dates and topics below.
- MeetUp - new to town, and want to meet others who have just arrived? Or want to widen your circle of friends, each month we will meet up for brunch, afternoon tea, or drinks.
- Facebook Forum - daily interactive conversations around key expat topics, or just use the opportunity to ask question/ give advice/ make a suggestion.
- Resources - checklists / guides everything you need to get you and your family organised.
and much much more .............
We are still in the pre launch stage of the members club, once up and running the cost will be $50 - $60 per month, but for a limited time you can sign up for just $30 a month - sign up through paypal by clicking below:
We are also giving all our pre launch members their own copy of the Ultimate Expat File (retails at $40) - with checklists / templates covering all the paperwork you need for finances / health / moving.
- Emergency Information
- Personal Identification for each family member
- Financial Records/ Templates / Budgets
- Medical Records / notification templates to realise records, store medication and vaccination history / process claims
- Education Records / Trackers / Growth Charts
- Travel Planner / Vaccination records
- How to Guides Buying Car / Renting House / Selecting a School
What People Are Saying About Us
Don't forget to share all your discoveries and journey with us over on Instagram, using #translatingjoburg to be featured, and come say hi @translatingmeabroad
Our Monthly Meetups & Cultural Activities
Every month we come together to learn from an industry expert and share our tips on a particular topic, here are the webinars we have coming up.
27th June - Brunch @ Field and Study in Sandton
26th July - How to continue your career in Joburg - Afternoon Tea, Nice Parkhurst
19th August - Photography Tour Bring your camera or your phone, allow Thami to take you to 3 of the best places in Joburg to get some great skyline shots.
31st August - Sundowners and Steak - Wombles
Sunday 24th September - Heritage Day Street Food Tour in Soweto
27th September - Balancing Work and Home - Productivity Hacks
5th October - Photography Tour - Capturing the best of the Jacarandas
25th October - Interior Design Evening (We have curated the best African designers, interior designers and suppliers to allow you to shop, connect and pick up tips on how to create your home here.
2nd November - Bicycle Tour - Soweto
29th November - Christmas Pop Up Shop
Sunday 10th December - Church and Family Day Soweto