Translating Johannesburg & the best of South Africa!
We can not wait to help you make the most of your time here
& meet some of Jozi's coolest people ;)
Put the kettle on, and your feet up and allow us to introduce you to a new way of living life abroad.
Translating Joburg Members Club is the first Expat Loyalty Programme that ensures you gain access to the very best experiences here in South Africa.
What will you do with your time here in South Africa ??
YOU CAN DO ALL OF THIS
But YOUR time will GO BY QUICKLY - Don't waste it with your visa complications
We can help you too:
1. Start your own business
2. Connect you with partnership opportunities
3. support you to work online
4. advise on visa strategies
We believe your career isn't simply one role or industry for the next 70 years. We hope you will use this time abroad to explore ALL the opportunities that are out there. Rather than the initial career path you started out on.
The Members Club gives you the tools to re examine your career, and work through how you will define your time here in South Africa.
We will help you leave South Africa will a portfolio of work, projects, experiences, skills and impressions that you are be proud of.
Together we will:
- Uncover your Personal Brand and build a weekly routine based on it.
- Select your best mode of work
- Gain knowledge on new ways of working
- Connect you with full time / part time / voluntary / freelance opportunities
Without your own personal strategy for how you want to spend your time here, you run the risk of drifting through your days, or saying yes to everything.
We will help you to create a weekly routine full of the things that light you up, rather than your busy work - which is the things you should do, ought to do, or need to do for someone else.
The best way for you to make an impact is through your career.
The members club gives you the structure and support to do that.
Membership of Careers Club
We have a partnership with the Department of Trade and Industry South Africa, and Department of International Trade UK, to match our members with opportunities with start up organisations and companies looking for freelancers. Your CV and details will be on our system so will be put forward when opportunities arise.
We also support your business registration and visa regulations.
Weekly Accountability and COACHING
Each Tuesday join us for a Facebook live discussion, you are held accountable on your career, and projects you want to start. Along with opportunity to share whats happening in Joburg, and what to do with your in-laws who have come to stay!
Access to our Online Learning Platform
Our library of information, is split into the following areas:
1. Creating a Global Career - step by step courses and tutorials to set yourself up for success.
2. Feeling Good - advice and tools on mental health, how to get fit training programmes to work towards the many cycle or running events, and the best in food.
3. Productivity and Organisation - Time management techniques and productivity hacks, alongside a host of resources on getting you and your family organised.
4. Exploring South Africa - step by step process to getting settled here in South Africa.
Stay up to date with everything that is on offer, receive a weekly email with information on events / new openings / reviews / articles all focused on how to make the most of your time in your city.
Each month we head out into Joburg, whether its to be driven to the best spots to capture the Jacaranda's or Joburg skyline, or to head to a soccer game and entertained in a shebeen. We put on an outing each month to discover a part of Jozi's city, culture, or events.
Gain access to exclusive offers from our partners and suppliers from drivers, and decorators, to holiday homes, restaurants and family day trips.
Regular Talks / Webinars.
Opportunity for you to impress your friends with all your local knowledge! Come and learn more about your current home culture / country. Each month we invite an expert from local industry to present to us their passion, whether its fashion / food / history / architecture, log on from home ask your questions, and get ready to be inspired. See the dates and topics below.
New in Town MeetUp.
New to town, and want to meet others who have just arrived? Or want to widen your circle of friends, each month we will meet up for brunch, afternoon tea, or drinks.
Interactive conversations around key expat topics, or just use the opportunity to ask question/ give advice/ make a suggestion.
checklists / guides everything you need to get you and your family organised.
and much much more .............
We are still in the pre launch stage of the members club, once up and running the cost will be $50 - $60 per month, but for a limited time you can sign up for just $30 a month - sign up through our online learning platform - Teachable here.
In Addition You Will
• Explore Joburg from multiple perspectives always feeling safe and secure.
• Become part of the friendliest community of expats & locals who are always out exploring and doing cool things.
• Priority Access and discounted rates to our Monthly Cultural Events and MeetUps.
• Get introduced too a range of career opportunities and portable businesses ideas to investigate.
• Learn new African skills - for example - how to cook Cape Malay Curry, create beaded work, brush up on your photographic skills.
• Listen and learn from South Africa's biggest influencers from historians, interior designers, artists, bloggers and executive coaches.
• Try new foods, creative practices, sports & music.
• Learn tips of the trade on all things expat - from making friends, staying in touch with parents or grandparents, traveling (with or without children), the impact of raising children in a different culture.
• Gain access to our exclusive Translating Joburg Facebook Group.
It is our hope that you will uncover the true beauty and warmth that South Africa and its people have to offer, and to use your time here, to LEAVE JOBURG IN A BETTER PLACE THAN YOU FOUND IT.
We are also giving all our pre launch members their own copy of the Ultimate Expat File (retails at $40) - with checklists / templates covering all the paperwork you need for finances / health / moving.
- Emergency Information
- Personal Identification for each family member
- Financial Records/ Templates / Budgets
- Medical Records / notification templates to realise records, store medication and vaccination history / process claims
- Education Records / Trackers / Growth Charts
- Travel Planner / Vaccination records
- How to Guides Buying Car / Renting House / Selecting a School
What People Are Saying About Us
Don't forget to share all your discoveries and journey with us over on Instagram, using #translatingjoburg to be featured, and come say hi @translatingmeabroad
Our Monthly Meetups & Cultural Activities
Every month we come together to learn from an industry expert and share our tips on a particular topic, here are the webinars we have coming up.
27th June - Brunch @ Field and Study in Sandton
26th July - How to continue your career in Joburg - Afternoon Tea, Nice Parkhurst
19th August - Photography Tour Bring your camera or your phone, allow Thami to take you to 3 of the best places in Joburg to get some great skyline shots.
31st August - Sundowners and Steak - Wombles
Sunday 24th September - Heritage Day Street Food Tour in Soweto
27th September - Balancing Work and Home - Productivity Hacks
5th October - Photography Tour - Capturing the best of the Jacarandas
25th October - Interior Design Evening (We have curated the best African designers, interior designers and suppliers to allow you to shop, connect and pick up tips on how to create your home here.
4th November - Hidden Joburg - Champagne, diamonds and all things handmade
29th November - Christmas Pop Up Shop
2nd December - Hidden Joburg - Makers and Making at 44 Stanley